The Tadeusz Manteuffel Institute of History, Polish Academy of Sciences and the University of Warsaw are Organizers of the 17th International Conference of Historical Geographers (henceforth: The Conference).
The International Scientific Committee, assisted by the Local Organizing Committee, evaluates the content of the submitted speeches and qualifies them for the conference programme.
Institute of History, Polish Academy of Sciences, is responsible for the technical and financial services of the conference.
“Polish Travel Quo Vadis” Travel Agency:
- conducts on behalf of the Organizers: registration, fees collection and conference reception;
- organizes the recommended mid-conference (18 July 2018) and post-conference study trips (21‒22 July 2017) and the gala dinner on 19 July 2018;
- offers on its own behalf other services, such as travel, accommodation and additional attractions.
The Conference is a scientific event. The quality of debates depends on the Participants.
The Participant declares her/his participation in the Conference by logging into the Registration site [link].
The Participant confirms her/his participation in the Conference by paying the conference fee.
II. Conference fees
Fees, presented in the 2nd Circular of the Conference, are as follows:
The whole conference
Normal fee: early booking
Normal fee: late booking
Reduced fee: early booking
Reduced fee: late booking
Students, unwaged and retired are entitled to a reduced fee
Early booking is valid until 31 March 2018. It is mandatory for authors of oral and poster contributions. Otherwise contributions will be removed from the programme.
Conference fee includes:
1. Participation in the conference, that is:
- possibility of conducting a session, presenting a paper or a poster;
- access to the main venue, i.e. Old University Library, where lunch and coffee will be served during the business hours on 16‒17 July 2018 and 19‒20 July 2018;
- in the case of a poster presentation – stands for hanging a printed poster and the possibility to participate in the competition for the best poster;
2. Ice breaker in the evening (16 July 2018),
3. Mobile application with viewing and commenting possibilities of registered posters; map with the locations of the Conference and the search function of its programme, information about Warsaw and optional trips.
4. Printed conference programme and other conference materials prepared for the participants.
The registration fee does not include:
- mid-conference and post-conference study trips and the gala dinner (19 July 2018);
- travel, accommodation, additional attractions;
- publication of a paper or poster, czy chodzi o: publishing full text of research manuscript
The possibility to listen to the presentations outside the main conference building, i.e. the Old University Library, does not require registration nor fees.
III. Cancellation rules after payment:
In case of cancellation between 1 January 2018 (start of the collection of fees) and 31 March 2018 (end of early applications), 10% of the conference fee is deducted;
In case of resignation between 31 March 2018 (end of early applications) and 30 June 2018 (two weeks before the conference starts), 20% of the conference fee is deducted;
In case of resignation from 30 June 2018 (two weeks before the conference) to 20 July 2018 (the end of the conference) 80% of the conference fee is deducted;
In case of the absence on the Conference without resignation, the fee is not refundable.
All refunds will take place four weeks after the end of the Conference. Refunds will be transferred to the card or bank account from which the payment was incurred.
IV. Other regulations
All complaints and reclamations will be dealt with by the Presidium of Local Organising Committee within three weeks of receiving a complaint.
The abovementioned terms and conditions cannot be transferred from one participant to another, unless the Presidium of Local Organising Committee decides differently.
All amendments and supplements to this document must be made in writing and shall otherwise be null and void.
The provisions of the Civil Code and other laws shall be applicable in issues not governed by this Document.
The Local Organising Committee will do its best to settle all disputes amicably. If a dispute is not resolved amicably, the common court having jurisdiction over the Organiser’s seat will settle all the disputes.
According to the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Law no. 101, 926 with amendments), all the personal data of the Participant provided on-line will be in the possession of the Tadeusz Manteuffel Institute of History of the Polish Academy of Sciences, located in Warsaw, Rynek Starego Miasta 29/31, Tax ID PL5250009134, REGON 000325765 for the purposes indicated by the participant in the Registration Form. Providing these data is voluntarily, but compulsory for the participation in the conference. The Participants have the right to access personal data and change them.
All contributions must be written in English, English is a Conference language.